Meta-pomo Science

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Apr 16 12:38:15 PDT 2002

Ian Murray wrote:
> > To allow research in which such fetal cells are destroyed, [Bush] said,
> > would be unethical because "no human life should be exploited or
> > extinguished for the benefit of another."

Miles Jackson:
> Somebody please explain to me why this man's head does not explode
> from the internal contradictions. How can someone who recently
> sanctioned the death of thousands of innocent people in Afghanistan
> say this? If the means justifies the end ala the bombings, why the
> fuss about fetal cell research? Or am I just hopelessly naive for
> even assuming he should maintain a logical, consistent position
> about the value of human life?

Years ago, I saw a rather ratty van with two bumper stickers. One said something like "Bomb Iran" (or some other such place) and the other "Protect Unborn Children". I left a note on the windshield asking what about the unborn Iranian children. However, the next time I saw the van, the bumper had fallen off, so I never found out.

-- Gordon