Meta-pomo Science

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 16 12:58:10 PDT 2002

>On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Ian Murray wrote:
>
>> To allow research in which such fetal cells are destroyed, [Bush] said,
>> would be unethical because "no human life should be exploited or
>> extinguished for the benefit of another."
>
>Somebody please explain to me why this man's head does not explode
>from the internal contradictions.
>
>Miles

You "suffer" from the "belief" that "words" "mean" "something," and that what "issues" from "George W. Bush's" "mouth" "ought" to have "some" "consistency"--"as if" there were "actually" a "mind" back there, as opposed to a bunch of speechwriters churning out platiturds... [that was a genuine typo, but I'm going to leave it--it's so apt]

Brad DeLong