Hitch v. Ali

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 21:49:45 PDT 2002

Peter, or anyone else,

Did anyone tape this debate or record it in some way so that the rest of us could witness what happened?

I suspect the freaks- WWP, ISO or Sparts - will have something in their newspapers (I only read those papers when I feel like laughing at left-wing kitsch), but isn't there anywhere else where I might find at least a report?

-Thomas

--- "Peter K." <peterk at enteract.com> wrote:
> I heard it was "Unbelievable!" and that the dinner
> afterwards had quite a
> cast of characters including Ali, Colin Robinson,
> Ken Silverstein, and Laura Secor.
> Supposedly, Michael Berube, a new favorite on this
> list, is writing up a piece on it
> for the Chronicle of Higher Education.
>
> Didn't hear anthing pertaining to freaks. When
> Hitchens spoke at the University of Chicago in
> December, an ISO clone insisted on repeatedly
> screeching from the back of the room while he was
> speaking. And even after he had bought one of their
> papers!
> So I be there was some crap like that.
>
> Anyone here attend, or otherwise have access to,
> last night's Hitchens/Tariq Ali debate in DC? Hitch
> told me today that it went well by his account and
> that "the freaks were there in force."
> Any freak analysis?
>
> DP

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx