Final word from SF demo

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sun Apr 21 15:25:29 PDT 2002

As I walked away from the San Francisco city hall, endpoint of the SF demo 4/20, I saw a beggar in a wheelchair shaking his fist and shouting:

"FREE THE HOMELESS OF SAN FRANCISCO!!! Don't worry about those other folks. Start with the ones at home!"

I've been thinking for a long, long time that there should be a homeless march on DC or SF or any major US city. Does anyone know? Why have there been no mobilizations on the part of the most disposesed members of our society? I'm curious...it has been going on for over twenty years now...

Joanna