Le Pen beats Jospin

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Sun Apr 21 15:58:04 PDT 2002

Appalling.

Partly apparently a law-and-order ticket as well as an anti-immigrant ticket.

Timely article from the (London) Observer, about how New Labour is trying to do something about the threat from the British National Party.

http://www.observer.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,687941,00.html

but IMO a marxist analysis is necessary of the role of immigration in a capitalist economy, and why the ultra-right is so reactionary.

We also need economic justice in the world so that people are not driven to migrate in such unprecedentedly high numbers.

Economic justice would unleash the global productive forces, so enormously that everyone would benefit.

Chris Burford

London