No ANSWER

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 10:13:03 PDT 2002

<<But, sadly, the case against corporate violence and Israeli aggression was made on national television by a member of a Stalinist party, who didn't have the guts to reveal what his real ideology was. And we on the "left" are supposed to back this guy?>>

Well obviously we CAN agree with them on CERTAIN issues. However, it seems important to me that we NOT fall into the trap that groups like WWP/IAC/Answer want us to...and that is to view the world in binary terms:

boolean Pro-USA = false; boolean Anti-USA = true;

While I agree with the WWP/IAC about the horror that Israel has imposed on the Palestinian people, I find equally deplorable the anti-democratic anti-working class behavior of the PRC which they support or at least condone. However the PRC is a utopia in comparison to North Korea...and it is this country that seems to be WWP's favorite.

It is necessary even when we join in a demonstration with these folks that we be very clear with everyone on our criticisms and differences with the stalinists.

No hushing up for the sake of "unity"...which is what the WWP would like to see happen.

-Thomas

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> Watched the below:
>
> > http://www.c-span.org/journal/
>
> And I'm amazed that the Freeper didn't do his
> homework. After all, his
> opponent is a fan of Chinese Stalinism; and for all
> of Becker's righteous
> anger about US corporate violence against the people
> of the Third World, his
> organization said nothing in favor of those
> slaughtered by the Chinese
> military -- indeed, it backed the slaughter. The
> Freeper might also have
> asked Becker about his favored state's permissive
> attitude toward foreign
> companies that run sweatshops on Chinese soil, and
> so on. But, he seemed
> intimidated and was totally out-argued by Becker. In
> most cases I'd applaud
> this -- I have no love for the Freeps. But, sadly,
> the case against
> corporate violence and Israeli aggression was made
> on national television by
> a member of a Stalinist party, who didn't have the
> guts to reveal what his
> real ideology was. And we on the "left" are supposed
> to back this guy?
>
> DP

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx