No ANSWER

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Apr 23 11:52:44 PDT 2002

Bradley Mayer wrote:

> Which brings us to the anticapitalist globalization
> movement, as others have noted. If only they would
> learn the difference between strategy and tactics, and
> change the tactical "line" every once in a while in
> keeping with changing conditions. Hopefully they'll
> know better than to share a platform with Greek
> anticommunists and Serbian untranationalists, as I
> witnessed the IAC do in S.F during the NATO war.

I think the anti-capitalist movements understand the difference between tactics and strategy. There were plenty of black blockers at last night's anti-AIPAC demo, yet they didn't do anything confrontational. Of course, the cops got real nervous whenever small groups of them walked down Connecticut Ave. [which almost got me arrested]

After Genoa, a group of us anarchists in D.C. decided that we had to make some adjustments for the late September protests against the World Bank meetings. This prompted us to organize an occupation of D.C. General Hospital, which was the last public hospital in D.C. before being closed down.

Of course, 9-11 really fucked up our plans. :-(

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)