No ANSWER

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Apr 23 12:27:14 PDT 2002

No ANSWER Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:37:07 -0500 From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

Charles: Knee-jerk anti-communism is a factor in this.

Michael Perelman wrote:

> they may be evil, fascist pigs, but, still they organized a successful
> protest. Shouldn't they get some credit?
> -

I know nothing about WWP really -- but the attacks on it have been so mindless, so dependent upon sheer empty statement and accusations that could not be demonstrated, that I am about to decide that the best definition of "sectarian fool" is "Anti-WWP journalist." Certainly there was nothing observable at the demonstration itself which could support charges of sectarianism or thuggishness.

Featherstone's criticism is essentially a conspiracy theory, not an account of the observable world.

I have not seen one single criticism of WWP or of Answer based on publicly available evidence. All the criticisms have as their core an affirmed personal experience of the critic.

I think it unutterably foolish for anyone to call themselves a party at this time. So without knowing anything, really, about the WWP, I would not even consider joining it.

But they sure as hell pulled off a demo that ought to make their carping critics blush in shame.

Carrol