HTML

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 24 13:42:24 PDT 2002

pms wrote:

>When you say HTML is bad, I guess you mean because it eats up bandwidth?

Not everyone has HTML-capable mail readers, so what they get is a lot of indecipherable gibberish surrounding the message text. Also, specialty fonts and sizes can be hard to read on some systems. I have a pretty new Mac G4 with hundreds of fonts installed, and still some of the HTML-encoded messages look like cuneiform. And it adds bandwidth - esp if there are embedded graphics. So please refrain from using HTML when posting to this list - try to use plain text only.

Yup, and yup. Contributions are welcome by mail (to the address below), and via Paypal <http:/www.paypal.com>, for the benefit of <dhenwood at panix.com>.

--

Doug Henwood Left Business Observer Village Station - PO Box 953 New York NY 10014-0704 USA voice +1-212-741-9852 fax +1-212-807-9152 cell +1-917-865-2813 email <mailto:dhenwood at panix.com> web <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com>