narratives

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 25 11:54:10 PDT 2002

Sigh and aargh. The Leninists and Solidarity With Hamas, Al-Aqsa Brigades and Islamic Jihadists here (can you tell I've had too much coffee!) must have me in their kill files. Over the years I've shedded alot of my instinctive Zionism (read too many texts on the Holocaust) by talking with the more reasonable activists for Palestine solidarity and reading, natch. And, then I read Chris Kromm, who helps to put out the fine Southern Exposure magazine and who I see on antiwar.com occasionally, say that Southerners support armed resistance. In historical contexts like El Salvador or Nicaragua, I hadlittle difficulty seeing the unfortunate necessity of confrontiing those US supported death squad states under the banners and rifles of the FSLN and FMLN. Though, I still do worry about the political consequences over the long term of armed struggle which accentuates authoritarian personalities on the left and reinforces counter-revolutionary goons on the right.

Back to Chriss and his Southerners Stand In Solidarity With the Al-Aqsa Brigades...Does he really think that a two state solution or a secular democratic state or whatevah "dispwnsation" eventually gets imposed, on both fucking parties to the conflict, will eventuate using those methods? Or will, Israeli public opinion shift further right, throw out Sharon (typed Shamir, at first) to bring back the even more ferociusly effective Netanyahoooooooooo!

It's weak argumentation that pushes folks like me back towards being more aligned against the more extreme pro-Palestinian positions. Seeing the disaster that right-wing and Labour Zionism has created but unable and unwilling to embrace, w/o reservations the other narrative. Michael Pugliese, liberal no goodnik ;-( http://www.google.com/search?q=Christison+Palestine http://www.christison-santafe.com/

Amazon.com: buying info: Perceptions of Palestine: Their ... ... is by no means a unexplored topic for authors, Kathleen Christison's "Perceptions of Palestine: Their influence on US Middle East Policy" breaks new ground by ... www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0520217179/ - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

Perceptions of Palestine, Updated Edition with a New Afterword ... Mexico. RELATED BOOKS (back to top) Perceptions of Palestine, by Kathleen Christison. Home | Books ... www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/8363001.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

"Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US Middle East ... ... Kathleen Christison's "Perceptions of Palestine," which traces in detail US attitudes toward the Palestinian problem over many decades, offers ... www.mepc.org/journal/9910_christisonbk.htm - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Palestine Center - Former CIA Political Analyst Discusses ' ... ... of remarks delivered on 18 November 1999 by Kathleen Christison, author of Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US Middle East Policy (University of ... www.palestinecenter.org/cpap/pubs/ 19991202ftr.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Palestine Center - CPAP Publication Order Form ... $15.00. Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US Middle East Policy Kathleen Christison isbn: 0520217187. ... www.palestinecenter.org/cpap/ book_sale.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages [ More results from www.palestinecenter.org ]

Book Review: "Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US ... ... AMERICAN ZIONISM Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US Middle East Policy, by Kathleen Christison. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1999. 1 ... www.ipsjps.org/jps/115/br_neff.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Journal of Palestine Studies (Spring 2000) ... Becoming Edward Said, Ahdaf Soueif. RECENT BOOKS. Christison: Perceptions of Palestine, reviewed by Donald Neff Hass: Drinking the Sea at Gaza and Diwan and ... www.ipsjps.org/jps/115/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages [ More results from www.ipsjps.org ]

The Electronic Intifada - Bookstore ... Press, 1983 (updated 1999). "Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US Middle East Policy," by Kathleen Christison, Hardback, 1999. "They Dare to Speak ... www.electronicintifada.net/bookstore/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

The Electronic Intifada - For Journalists & Editors - Media ... ... Kathy at Christison-SantaFe.com | Web: www.christison-santafe.com Christison is the author of Perceptions of Palestine: Their Influence on US Middle East Policy ... www.electronicintifada.net/forjournalists/ mediacontacts/ us.html