Israel Shamir: the beginning of the end of the Jewish post-war ascendancy?

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Sat Apr 27 05:04:19 PDT 2002

Michael,

Maybe I misread you, but if you are saying that Indymedia uses the term Zionazism, I think you are mistaken.

It is true that there are many articles published to the newswire with this line (along with ultra-right-wing pro-zionist dribble, and everything in between), but that is not true of Indymedia qua Indymedia. Looking specifically at Indymedia Israel's feature section, I think that one would find the selection of articles cannot be defined as giving the Zionazi line or as inflammatory and sloganizing.

The newswire on the other hand runs the gammut of the good, the bad and the ugly. There are benifits and problems stemming from an open publishing system. I think that the benefits outweigh the problems.

If I misread your statements, sorry, your letter was a bit jumping one place to the other.

Michael stated: "We should take our cues from Ali Abunimah and Hussein Ibish. They aren't the type to utter inflamotory sloganizing like Zionazism. (IndyMedia Center - news... european, so it's like the Nazis killing the jews all over again. Stop Zionazism!) Any critisism of Israeli policy or actions, no matter how gentle or warrented ...http://www.indymedia.org.il/imc/israel/webcast/11693.html?"

Best wishes,

Bryan