Subject: Re: Iraqi Communist Party on Ba'athist Repression

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 30 10:25:48 PDT 2002

Good comments, "RangerCat." I am opposed to an invasion as well for fear of the massive civilian casualties. Plus the knock on effects in the region.Or an air campaign from 50,000 feet. That said, the more I read about that sub- fascist regime (btw, see the new issue of The Atlantic) the more I despise it.

More sources. Sanctioning Saddam - The Politics of Intervention in Iraq - click here to order Sarah Graham Brown (IB Tauris, 1999)

Neighbours, Not Friends - Iran and Iraq after the Gulf Wars - click here to order Dilip Hiro (Routledge, 2001)

Sluglett, Marion Farouk and Peter. Iraq Since 1958: From Revolution to Dictatorship. Routledge, 1987 Michael Pugliese