How Long, How Long? When will 'we' ever learn? Re: startrib letter response to Liza's column on Minn. Greens

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 5 11:07:14 PDT 2002

steve philion wrote:

>--Then my only option would be to not vote at all, but I'm simply
>unimpressed with McGaa and the Greens for letting McGaa become their
>senatorial candidate. You don't put up a McGaa as an alternative to
>Wellstone, it speaks volumes for how unseriously the Party takes
>itself, and we on the left should be honest in our assessment of the
>choice they made for their candidate. There's no point to
>the Green's challenging a formidable candidate like Wellstone if
>they put out a candidate who is so poorly informed on the issues,
>which McGaa transparently is. In some way I feel, as absurd as it
>might sound, by voting for Wellstone, I'm sending the same message
>to the Greens that they hope to send to the dems, namely 'your
>candidate is woefully inadequate'.

Clearly you don't understand The World According To Cox. The Dems are evil, so you should never vote for one. There's nothing you can do to persuade the unpersuaded, so don't even bother. Ditto changing the policies of the U.S. government - hopeless, so don't even waste your time talking about it, much less trying. Just wait for the contradictions to ripen, and *then* the revo will happen. But not a moment before.

Doug