war plans

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Aug 6 11:46:07 PDT 2002

A question to the list: Attacking Iraq makes little sense from the point of view of "war on terrorism" - since Iraq is almost certainly not involved in sponsoring terrorism. The question thus remains, why Bush and his entourage pursue it? Wojtek

As Dennis Perrin put it years ago, if it were a movie it would be "Gulf War II: This Time It's Personal." Doug

Notice that none of these provide reasons, but merely vague motives. I suspect the accurate reason is the Bush administration has no foreign policy and simply can not think of anything else to do. It's that vision thing.

Hell, invading Iraq sounds like fun. I mean what else is there? All problems are solved, every thing else is just fine. I am even looking forward to it. I hope they do it before November so I can read about it in the late summer lull before the even lower lull of the fall elections.

I mean just imagine how boring it would be, if we have to wait for next Spring. Anything could happen by then. The stock market could be tanking below 5000, Bush's approval rating could be in the low 40s, Cheney and Abraham could be in court, O'Neil could be out of a job, the FBI and CIA could be re-installing the latest M$uck upgrade and still not connect to each other. God, anything could happen.

Chuck Grimes