crappy American meat

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 7 08:02:38 PDT 2002

At 05:22 PM 8/7/2002 +0400, Chris wrote:

>I've said it many times and I'll say it again: American food sucks. In
>Russia, "American meat" is synonynous with "shit" (literally, apparently).
>Most people won't touch it with a ten-foot-pole.

Very true. If it were not for the Chinese, Thai or Indians, there would be hardly anything worthy the name "food" in this wasteland of supermarkets and processed pulp.

BTW - Russian food used be as (if not more) awful: basically beets, buckwheat (yuk!), and animal fat. However, during my visit to Leningrad this spring I discovered that this is no longer the case, and there is a considerable choice of decent food.

wojtek