food, etc

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Fri Aug 9 07:05:17 PDT 2002

At 01:29 AM 8/9/02 -0700, Daniel Davies wrote:

>Further to this, Carroll (and a few others) suggested that, if I paraphrase
>correctly, "working class people don't have time to think about their
>diet". Which is on the face of it a plausible explanation, but I don't
>think it can be the right one. The reason I think there has to be more to
>it than this is that we have the control experiment of the UK.

Salmonella bacteria is equally likely in free range chickens as it is in non-organically raised chicken. Try to keep up with the lit on the topic! If that's the case, then why should people care terribly much about salmonella. It's unavoidable because they're chickens for christ's sake and you prevent poisoning by not eating undercooked chicken or raw eggs!

kelley