The will, freedom, rationality (was unions)

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Thu Aug 15 04:01:41 PDT 2002

Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:07:30 -0400 From: Ted Winslow <egwinslow at rogers.com> Subject: Re: unions As I've said before, I read Marx as thinking about these matters from within a very different box from that implicit in most conventional, including most Marxist, thinking.

I understand its essential elements to be the following.

The essence of the "human" individual - its "in-itself" - is potential for "freedom" understood as rationality.

Fabulous post Ted. I'm particularly interested in this question of the will, which I've started writing on myself. Have you published anything like this or could you recommend any other texts? Tahir