Corporate governance as universal sham

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:19:06 PDT 2002

>From: Michael Perelman <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu>
>
>On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 03:52:43PM +0000, Carl Remick wrote:
> > As I've noted before, it's quite amusing to see business executives
>around
> > the world leveling the bony finger of indignation at the corrupt conduct
>of
> > their U.S. counterparts. Biz executives are pretty much the same greedy
> > psychopaths everywhere.
>
>Isn't it only fair. Isn't it true that the US has a long histery of
>finger pointing in the other direction?

Yes, it's payback time. But the key thing is that execs the world over are pretty fungible, and despite their supposed preference for a "level playing field" what they all want is a comfy mud wallow.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx