Milton the Anarchist Re: "post-leftism"

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Aug 19 10:11:05 PDT 2002

JCWisc at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 08/19/2002 6:48:19 AM Central Daylight Time, gcf at panix.com
> writes:
>
> > Are we done with the lack of airplanes already?
>
> God, I hope so. Airplanes? Forget airplanes. How about steel plowshares,
> reapers, drill presses, lathes, transistor radios, sewing machines, tractors,
> vaccines, clocks? In answer to the question of whether any of these things
> will exist in the future anarchist utopia, it appears that two basic answers
> have been forthcoming: No, and Maybe. Plus we'll have to somehow
> non-coercively disperse the population. I'm glad we clarified that. I agree
> with Doug on this one. "Nein, danke. Next Utopia please."

Yeah, what happens when the workers in the Global South get tired of your government stealing from them to make your nice middle class leftist lifestyle possible?

What exactly do you do for a living?

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)