post-leftism

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue Aug 20 10:45:48 PDT 2002

At 10:46 PM 08/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd like to level the world
>up, not down. I just don't find your prescriptions very convincing, that's
>all.

Right, the question is "what is up?" I would be perfectly happy with clean water, healthy food, modern dentistry and good medical care. Cuba seems to be able to provide that on a shoe string. I have gotten to the point where consumer items literally make me nauseous. I am hardly an ascetic, but I would love to trade in the baubles if I could have my (unalienated) life back.

Joanna