Milton the Anarchist Re: "post-leftism"

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Tue Aug 20 15:15:54 PDT 2002

"Joe R. Golowka" wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
> >Anarcho-syndicalism has never been successful on any large scale.
> >

> Except in Spain 1936.

Barely.

> > Even
> >things that closely approximate anarcho-syndicalism, such as the Mondragon
> >cooperatives, are quickly becoming capitalist institutions.
> >

> Which isn't surprising given that it has to operate within a capitalist
> economic system.

True. But I would argue that a large system operating after capitalism would tend to replicate the worst things about the former capitalist system.

It's hard to say because we don't have any empirical evidence. Every alternative to capitalism we can talk about has to exist within the global capitalist system.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)