Milton the Anarchist Re: "post-leftism"

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Tue Aug 20 23:09:32 PDT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Chuck0 wrote:

> What anarcho-syndicalist dogmatists like Brian refuse to understand is
> that a factory run by the workers is still a fucking factory. The
> pollution it puts out under the anarcho-syndicalist central committee
> isn't more sweet-smelling. The work involved is still factory work, which
> is usually boring or dangerous or some combination thereof.

This is exactly why I have emphasized, along with nearly all of the rest of the libertarian left, community and worker control, Chuck0. If community members and the workers who work inside plants - or whatever work arrangements they feel are best for their needs - have control over their goings-on - which is what anarchists of all stripes have historically advocated - why would they tolerate "boring or dangerous" conditions - or noxious pollution that kills them? Because they are masochists?

Brian