Ace on "outside Jewish money" and other things

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Aug 21 08:56:31 PDT 2002

Hey Doug, don't go soft!

I have very little problem with this column.

I disagree with him about the McGaa fiasco, but a hard-ass third party commitment reflected in running against Wellstone is not disreputable.

If you don't like the expression "outside Jewish money," how better would one characterize the line-up of donors in that race? The weakness in the AC column is the failure to acknowledge CM's errors, thereby understating the political impact of outside criticism, over and above mere money. She gave them a sword, and now it's sticking in her ass.

I also agree with him about my pal Kucinich. If AC is going to be a populist, switching from the survivalists out in the woods to DK is a distinct improvement.

mbs

[This Counterpunch version looks pretty much identical to AC's column in this week's Nation. This is looking like a record low for Ace, with the idiotic defense of McGaa, the use of the rather repulsive phrase "outside Jewish money," the equally repulsive comments on abortion and Malthusianism, and the patronizing remark addressed to Katha Pollitt. To conclude a column this awful with a swipe at Paul Krugman is pretty rich, since Krugman is doing far better work than Cockburn is these days.]