Ace on "outside Jewish money" and other things

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 06:07:57 PDT 2002

I think we could all agree that it would have been politically expedient for CM to do so. A point to be made however is that it is odd to jump all over her for not doing so when you look at who gets what money from whom and does what in general, apart from CM and odder still to say that AC wrote an anti-semitic tract. The fact that this is one of the only things that will stir up supposedly liberal Jewish voters means that it is long past time to play softball with people whose own errors are rarely questioned. I imagine that there isnt enough time in the day for most people to work on the palestinian side of things and I for one am far more easily convinced and bothered by Richard Cohen or Tom Friedman's anti-arab bias (and they are considered liberals for sure) and it is certainly far more unquestioned without mentioning Armey's plan for "removing" Palestinians en masse. Why is attacking AC then any different from AC attacking Wellstone etc?

--- "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> I've gone around on this a few times. We only get
> tempted to look at Majette's donors because somebody
> else did it to CMK. I started to do this and
> realized, hey, what am I looking for? Goldsteins?
> This is b.s. We are becoming what we're criticizing.
> "Moe Sad"? Anything incriminating is going to be
> concealed.
>
> Let's not go all Al Gore and blame outside forces.
> CM should have disavowed her Daddy's odious
> statements; she should have asked Louis F. to go
> home. She should not have fudged her endorsements.
She should have returned the contributions from Alamoudi (the Hamas 'moderate') and, as a practical matter, Sami 'Death to Israel' Arian. This is just ABC politics. No compromise of principle is involved. Most important, she should not have succumbed to conspiracism, even for a second. If you are progressive, in politics a second can kill you.>