Ace on "outside Jewish money" and other things

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Aug 21 21:57:19 PDT 2002

>but i basically agree with doug, though, AC choses his
>language very carefully and he intends to inflame.
>personally, i don't think he gives a shit about persuading
>anybody about anything -- he just likes to stir things up.

Maybe AC does do this quite a bit but as another writer who just had her book reviewed in the Nation explained the use of "cripple" instead of "disabled" to me -- the reviewer used cripple for shock value. This is for Nation readers, a kind of way to make the story more controversial, to draw in a reader. So what does that say about what the media demands from people who write for them? Marta -- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org