calling in loans

Joe R. Golowka joeg at ieee.org
Mon Aug 26 21:40:51 PDT 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Yup, which is why I never thought it was worth the trouble. Maybe I just
> don't find refuting neoclassical economics worth the trouble - it's so
> ludicrous anyway. Do I have to refute astrology too?

I think it's important to refute ideaologies that give cover to reactionary policies like neoclassical economics. If astrology were used to defend gutting welfare and the like then it would need refuting too.

-- Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ -- http://www.anarchyfaq.org

"The basic problem is quite simple. An elected representative is not tied in any substantial way to particular policies, whatever the preferences of the electorate. Influence on the politician is greatest at the time of election. Once elected, the representative is released from popular control but continues to be exposed to powerful pressure groups, especially corporations, state bureaucracies and political party power brokers." - Brian Martin