Corruption in Russia declines

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:34:36 PDT 2002

>From: "Chris Doss" <itschris13 at hotmail.com>
>
>I told y'all this was happening.
>
>Moscow Times
>August 29, 2002
>Russia Fares Better in Annual Corruption Index
>By Valeria Korchagina
>Staff Writer
>
>Russia is seen as slightly less corrupt than last year ...

[Must result from the ethically invigorating chilly climate. Cf. Paul Erdman at CBS MarketWatch:]

... who are the good guys [on the Corruption Perception Index]? Among the perception index's top 10 are Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden and Canada. Which set me to thinking: What do they have in common? At least two things: a relatively chilly climate and, at least where the first four are concerned, a Protestant, mostly Lutheran, ethic.

Now if that observation does not get me into trouble with the politically correct, nothing will.

[http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B3C2C2EE5%2DFE67%2D4B3C%2DB446%2DA9092592DE06%7D&siteid=mktw]

Carl