Re: Michael Löwy,"Globalization and Internationalism"

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Tue Dec 3 18:37:15 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >I don't have a Theory of Everything and I don't need it.
> >
> >Ulhas
>
> A theory about imperialism isn't "a theory of everything." Besides,
> everyone has a theory of sorts about how the world we live in is
> structured, whether the theory is consciously held or not. Even an
> idea that there is no such thing as imperialism today or that it is
> not possible to know if imperialism still exists needs its own
> theoretical framework to make sense.

I don't have a Theory of Imperialism, whichever way one defines it.

As for Bill Warren, this is what I wrote recently: " I haven't read Bill Warren's "Imperialism: Pioneer of Capitalism". (It is out print for some time now.) My impressions about Warren's are based on Aijaz Ahmad's essay Imperialism and Progress (included in Lineages of the Present). I would rather not comment on Bill Warren at this stage."

Ulhas