comparing apples with oranges?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Dec 5 18:45:00 PST 2002

frank scott wrote:

> [clip]
> maybe if we could do something about that, instead of lecturing
> foreigners about "real" democracy ,or quoting sources revealing their
> alleged mass murders, brutalities, links to fascists, anti-semitism and
> a host of other sins, we might set a standard to be emulated, instead of
> being reduced to endless kvetching about the imperfections seen from our
> lofty - in air - positions .
> fs

At the beginning of this post you seem to be focusing on Nathan Newman, but then you seem to begin pontificating about a weird, vague "we" who are committing all sorts of quite unspecified sins.

Just what in the hell are you talking about?

It seems to me that "The Left" as you handle it here is confined to one person, Nathan Newman, but you spin a fantasy out of that which allows you to expand into endless kvetcvhing about the imperfections seen from your lofty -- in air -- position.

Carrol