Terror still stalks Pakistan Karachi Police chief

topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Fri Dec 6 16:09:57 PST 2002

On 7/12/2002 5:41 AM, "lbo-talk-digest" <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> wrote:

> Macedonia? A Macedonian honorary consul is a target?
>
> Truly not only malignant fucks, but geographically clueless fucks as well...
>

> Brad DeLong

Wasn't there the small matter of that near civil war thing in Macedonia a little while back, you know the one with Albanian guys funded by Al Qaeda and supported by your government?

I certainly wouldn't discard the possibility this was a randomly selected infidel, but the earlier episode is worth looking into for a clue. On a meta sort of note, I would put it to you that his is how really shocking mistakes develop. You start with this extremely narrow minded idea of your enemies and a fancilful picture of yourself, that they are irrational and evil whilst you have never caused them grief, an idea that then grows into the assumption they are ignorant and stupid, and then into a fantastic strategic advantage for them...

Thiago Oppermann

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au