more Negri

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 17:11:29 PST 2002

--- mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I laughed out loud when I read this first line from
> the interview:
>
> "Our work together has been most of all a work on
> linguistic clarification."

Yes, that is very funny. And Empire is relatively clear when compared to, say, "Marx Beyond Marx".

> I must also report that I am not one of those who
> has
> "not read Negri." I am presently reading Empire. I
> have been reading it for two years now and I am on

I realize that many of the critics have read it. However, I have seen quite a few criticism from people who have only read secondary sources on the book.

> I hear that after the first ten pages, it's a pretty
> easy read.... :)

The first ten pages are the easiest...the latter part of the book, the most difficult. IMHO.

Thomas

===== "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

"Money eats quality and shits out quantity" -William Burroughs