Lott on Thurmond

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Mon Dec 9 10:29:25 PST 2002

Here's what I don't get about the Lott situation: a good number of Repugs are up in arms and saying that Lott should quit, but I don't see any of them repudiating Thurmond's racism, saying that he's also a disgrace to "the party of Lincoln." Unless, of course, this amounts to an intra-party disciplinary act where the calls for resignation should be understood as saying, "Of course our party appeals to racist sympathies, but we're not supposed to talk about it in public!"

Maybe Michael Pugliese knows of someone on the right who thinks Strom's a disgrace and, apropos of Lott's comments, has said so? -- Curtiss