Tue., 12/10: Human Rights Day Demo + Concert!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 9 13:32:23 PST 2002

*** HUMAN RIGHTS DAY MARCH AND DEMONSTRATION ***

To protest violations and threats to our human rights and civil liberties, there will be a march and a demonstration in Columbus, OH on Human Rights Day, Tuesday, December 10, 2002. The tentative itinerary will be as follows:

1:30 -- Gather at the Federal Building, 200 N. High St.

1:45 -- March begins

2:00 -- AEP building, Northwest corner of Long St. & Marconi Blvd.

2:15 -- Columbus police station, Southeast corner of Long St. & Marconi Blvd

2:30 -- Columbus City Hall, 90 W. Broad St.

2:45 -- U.S. Senators' office building, 37 W. Broad St.

3:00 -- Ohio Statehouse, Broad St. & High St. (on the High St. side)

3:15 -- City Center, reading of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in the amphitheater

3:45 -- Franklin County Courthouse and Jail, 373 South High St.

4:00 -- FBI building, 500 S. Front St. for a demonstration until 6 PM.

Parts of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights will be read at the different sites to remind our public officials of our freedoms and liberties. We believe many of these universal human rights are being violated and threatened with the establishment of the Patriot Act and the Total Information Awareness projects. Pamphlets will be distributed during the march and demonstration outlining the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and a list of what we believe to be present violations.

The UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights was established on December 10,

1948. The entire Universal Declaration of Human Rights can be found at: <http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html>.

For more information, contact Mark Stansbery at 252-9255, Bob Fitrakis at 253-2571 or Anti Racist Action at 823-3107.

*** Bojah and the Insurrection *** In Concert

Tuesday, Dec. 10th Bernie's on High Street

Come be a part of the revolution

Bojah and the Insurrection is a nationally known revolutionary band that plays music for the people struggling against our unjust system. Come on out to Bernies on Tuesday Dec. 10th to escape from exam week and get some much needed procrastination in before that last final. We guarantee to south the rebel inside you.

Spoken Soul Hop Spoken Word + Soul + Hip Hop

The evolution will not be televised... Bojah and the Insurrection

Contact: Sean Krebs <krebs.47 at osu.edu> -- Yoshie