Weak Links?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Dec 13 07:08:22 PST 2002

Yoshie:
> The question I'm thinking about is where we have spaces for
> organizing _and_ subjects capable of organizing. Collective struggle
> can and does exist everywhere, but conditions in which struggle takes
> place are not uniform. For instance, Venezuela's armed forces is a
> condition that does not appear to obtain elsewhere.

Yes, but that condition also tells us that capturing the main political institutions - government, the army, police, mass media etc. - is a condition sine qua non of any successful movement. Trying to cobble a revolution in somebody basement or a garage looks very amateurish abd cannot be taken seriously.

Wojtek