Weak-links

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Dec 13 13:35:13 PST 2002

At 02:42 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, but that condition also tells us that capturing the main political
>institutions - government, the army, police, mass media etc. - is a
>condition sine qua non of any successful movement. Trying to cobble a
>revolution in somebody basement or a garage looks very amateurish abd
>cannot be taken seriously.

On the other hand, I wonder how complicated/expensive it would be to own a radio station that could broadcast to a city, say, Oakland??? If you had a coalition of groups: ethnic, religious, cultural, political to run/broadcast on such a station...it seems doable....without violence or insurrection, etc. A first step.

Joanna