all those well-paid soldiers

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Tue Dec 24 13:14:57 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "frank scott" <frank at marin.cc.ca.us> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 1:03 PM Subject: Re: all those well-paid soldiers

> now that we know what a wonderful and lucrative life the military
> offers, grad schools will be empty in a matter of minutes...can't wait
> to see all those upper middle class types trading in their futures for
> career "being all they can be"...
>
> what a crock...
>
> fs

A dear college friend who's been a "weekend warrior" [he needed the ROTC $] says the Army has been throwing all kinds of perks at captains and majors over the past decade because the upper officer ranks are hemorrhaging skilled officers who are fed up. He took 'bird bait' a couple of years back and is now heading for Kabul as compound CO for Xmas.

Ian