all those well-paid soldiers

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Tue Dec 24 21:01:54 PST 2002

At 01:03 PM 12/24/02 -0800, frank scott wrote:
>now that we know what a wonderful and lucrative life the military
>offers, grad schools will be empty in a matter of minutes...can't wait
>to see all those upper middle class types trading in their futures for a
>career "being all they can be"...
>
>what a crock...
>
>fs

the point was that, for someone like me, many of my friends, several relatives, my former beau, and current beau the military does, indeed, off a future. when i was growing up, it was one of three things you tried to strive for: a job with the gov (civilian), military, or union factory work.

looking at it from the point of view of a snot nosed grad student from the ranks of the middle and upper middle class is, decidedly, NOT the point.

Kelley

looking foward to living off the teat of the US Navy