Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Dec 28 10:09:43 PST 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>baby boomer Left

<yawn>

Maybe I'm just getting old, but what's this supposed to mean? As Liza just pointed out from over my shoulder, if you go to protests you see young people and old people but no boomers. But I'm guessing you're referring to people in leadership positions in left(ish) organizations. Ossification is a hazard of organizations in general and executive positions in particular. So why this silly generational labeling? Remember, Nathan, you're an old fart to a college freshman.

Doug