Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 29 17:05:24 PST 2002

At 7:23 PM -0500 12/29/02, David Schanoes wrote:
>Criticizing anarchism for being "white" is about as weak as criticizing Marx
>for not understanding the role of Africa and slavery in developing the world
>market.

Marx lived in the 19th century, whereas today's North American anarchists live in the 21st century. Shouldn't people of color expect some progress after more than 150 years?

Rather than progress, there has been regress in the anarchist movement, which is whiter today than during the days of the IWW. Worth analyzing what caused the regress, in my opinion. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>