Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Mon Dec 30 14:44:30 PST 2002

Gee Doug, it's been discussed before? That's the problem, repetition compulsion is not progress.

I mean Lugar? Colin Powell? Anarchism? What's next? I hope you don't wind up going the way of Counterpunch, supporting USAF members objecting to Moslem dress codes, giving succor to Catholic priests who molest children, or lauding Kucinich as the progressive of our times... but of course you won't.

My mistake, I thought left discussions were beyond Lugar and Powell.

Here's an idea. There is now in the U.S. a labor party called the Labor Party which articulates the first step, breaking with the established political parties, including Lugar's. Let's all join and develop a concrete program for rolling back capitalist globalization. That's my plan. But I'm sure that's already been discussed.

But here's the question that you haven't answered-- when do you give up on the lesser evil. Let me answer. You don't ever. Because the point of lesser evilism is denial and evasion. Just look at Powell, the general of the last war. The general of the invasion of Panama. What are you people thinking?

I hereby waive any right of appeal. You can exile me.

I've been thrown out of better joints, believe me. Usually after closing hours.

Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 11:56 AM Subject: Re: Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

> David Schanoes wrote:
>
> >Is there ever a point when you would abandon your lesser evil stategy?
and