Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 30 08:56:18 PST 2002

David Schanoes wrote:

>Is there ever a point when you would abandon your lesser evil stategy? and
>give up the weak reeds in favor of the abolition of an entire system of
>exploitation?

Of course. Why didn't we think of this before?

Stepping into an established, active forum and issuing pronouncements like this may not be the most fruitful discursive strategy around. It's pretty funny that this pronouncement comes just after another:

>But I think the color issue is more indicative of anarchism's inability to
>link its program to the real struggles of today.

Just how are you linking your one-sentence call to smash the Pig System to "the real struggles of today"?

Doug