Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 11:46:21 PST 2002

--- Lance Murdoch <MurdochLance at netscape.net> wrote:

> I'm more interested in
> seeing what groups they form (like the Black
> Panthers with their newspapers and social centers
> and whatnot) and then forming coalitions with them.

Lance, I agree with what you're saying here. The black communities (as well as others) have their forms

of organization. Within a larger movement, there will be "cross-pollination" between different groups with their particular demands. There is no need for a "recruitment" policy.

No need UNLESS you believe in vanguardism and have to get everyone to unify around a party program. I suspect that it is this need for so-called unity (MEDIATED by a vanguard party) that drives much of this concern for recruitment of minorities. If not that, then I suspect that it is driven by "guilt" on the one hand, and (related to vanguardism) the thought that only an enlightened few (usually whites) can lead the "ignorant" masses to the promised land.

Minorities have and will continue to revolt. I wonder what would have happened during the LA riots if the WWP had been leading that revolt (they probably would have requested that the rioters wait and get a march permit from the police). Let each of us revolt and demonstrate in our own way and not impose our expectations and our model on others.

Thomas

===== "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

"Money eats quality and shits out quantity" -William Burroughs