Offlist Re: Venezuelan strike beginning to fail

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Tue Dec 31 14:40:44 PST 2002

Yeah, that's what the guy said. I don't find it to be a benign statement.

Like I said the price paid by others for our self-delusion about an elightened section of the ruling class, the self-restraint of capitalism, is prohibitive and criminal.

Like I said, I didn't see any ruthless criticism of such absurd, childish wishing-it-were-so. Anybody ever look at Lugar's record?

Has everyone forgotten how the most enlightened internationalist sector of the ruling class vigorously pursued the war in Vietnam, the Dominican Republic, against Cuba, and deployed troops in Detroit to protect the murderous police of that city?

Depoliticized? I don't know, you had 1/3 of the HOR vote against military action in Iraq. That reflects something, and something other than an enlightened section of the bourgeoisie.

Jesus H. Christ to the contrary not withstanding, why not try a polite criticism of the Lugar-Powell theory, for the enlightenment of all of us.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 4:29 PM Subject: Re: Offlist Re: Venezuelan strike beginning to fail