Why We Are Not Making Demands of the World Economic Forum

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Fri Feb 1 07:48:20 PST 2002

Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Thu Jan 31 2002, Chuck Munson wrote:
>
> > I hear from friends that Manhattan has been turned into a militarized
> > police state.
>
> That was the headline on the front page of the New York Daily News (one of
> the two big tabloids) yesterday: ARMED CAMP. The full page picture was of
> two cops with submachine guns.
>
> I remember Doug saying in a discussion not long after Seattle that things
> would have turned out differently in New York because it was so much
> bigger and had so many more cops. 6,000 last I heard, plus feds and
> private security firms.
>
> But anarchists have faced even more militarized set-ups in Europe, no?
> If there's been no clashes so far, I think in part it's because there's
> been less will to have clashes.

Less will now, but there will always be clashes in the future. So far most of the clashes in the States have been pretty tame. Just look at the scuffle in the Phillipines yesterday.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"Chuck Munson isn't like other protestors."

-- CTV