Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A.

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sat Feb 2 06:07:49 PST 2002

Hardt should try reading the papers instead of Dutch sociologists: The EU and NATO have spoken out against US intentions of widening the war. The EU has condemned the treatment of Taliban POW's. EU countries are constantly complaining about US unilateralism. The US is going out of its way to undermine treaties and other legal institutions devised for managing globalization. The US surplus-become-deficit is threatening global economic recovery. If the US govt is still somehow "managing global capital" despite the mayhem it's creating it must be in strange and unseen ways.

Dubya & S11 have simply blown "Empire" out of the water and it's only the left's unwillingness to part wth a shiny new theory that's postponing the death verdict.

Hakki