Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A.

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 12:53:37 PST 2002

--- Hakki Alacakaptan <nucleus at superonline.com> wrote:
> Dubya & S11 have simply blown "Empire" out of the
> water and it's only the
> left's unwillingness to part wth a shiny new theory
> that's postponing the
> death verdict.

Hakki, with the advent of postfordism and neoliberalism we have seen the advent of a lot of money circulating the globe, unencumbered by State intervention of any kind as well as a growing tendency to reduce the State intervention and nation demarcation in terms of the flow of commodities and markets as well, through such schemes as the WTO. We have also seen the growing tendency towards deploying a global police force without respect to national boundaries. Post 9/11 has in no way diminished these tendencies.

You might want to read the god-damn book Empire to understand that it is not about putting out some kind of wacky theory about there no longer being nation-states...or nation-states not having some vestige of their former importance.

Thanks for your two-cents worth and it's market value is just about that. Criticize the book, yes. But give it a fair reading first.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx