Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A.

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Feb 3 01:34:07 PST 2002

It's more likely Nunn is worried about unilateral US threats losing their credibility rather than unilateralism per se. Just as the EU and ME are opposed - Israel (and Jordan, for what it means) excepted - to military action against Iraq & Iran, ASEAN is totally opposed to action against North Korea. Dubya is spitting against the wind. It's very likely nothing much will come of these threats, just as nothing will come of the "war against terrorism". So what Nunn said should be read as "do the diplomatic homework before you make threats".

Hakki