Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 3 09:28:47 PST 2002

Hakki Alacakaptan wrote:

>It's more likely Nunn is worried about unilateral US threats losing their
>credibility rather than unilateralism per se.

No, I think a lot of the U.S. ruling class takes some degree of multilateralism seriously. You know, they run multinational corporations. They've got many interests to balance.

As Slavoj Zizek said a while back, you could argue that the Dems represent capital-in-general, and the Reps represent narrower regional, sectoral, and ideological interests. Watching W, I think there may be something to this.

Doug