Russian Mafia

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Feb 3 06:15:32 PST 2002

Reminds me of when the Susurluk "gang" took over the Kurdish mafia's drugs operation. In 1992, the National Security Council (or MGK in Turkish) decided to form a covert ops team allying the Ministry of Interior Special Forces (meaning fascist thugs dressed up in SWAT gear) with the fascist mafia (former fascist death squads who had gone into "business") to be used in assassinating of PKK sympathizers.

Prime Minister Turgut Ozal and CIC of the Gendarmerie Gen. Esref Bitlis were opposed to the plan. Ozal had a heart attack and died in a US hospital. Bitlis died in a plane crash. The plan went ahead with the blessing of the new Prime Minister, Mrs. Tansu Ciller.

Thus unleashed, the fascist gang killed the Kurdish mafia's godfathers, who were channeling the income from drugs sales to Europe and extortion from Kurdish businesses worth billions of $ to the PKK. It's rumored Prime Minister's Ciller's scamming husband personally ordered these operations. EU police simultaneously cracked down on Kurdish dealers.

So what happened to all those drugs from the Bekaa valley that were pulling in $8 billion a year? Well, strangely enough, they kept coming. Labs were set up in remote Yusekova, controlled by the local Gendarmerie commander. The pro-government Bucak tribe, whose chief Sedat Bucak was a right-wing member of parliament, controlled the traffic from Lice. Heroin and opium was shipped through Turkey to exit points in government vehicles and Turkey's foreign reserves never missed a beat despite the enormous cost of the war. The PKK, acting at first as Syria's opium courier now also became a supplier for the Turkish government's refining and distribution operation. I have to emphasize that the Turkish "government" was playing so fast and loose at this stage that it had itself become a rather loose entity.

This Turkish version of CIA drug running met with an "accident" at Susurluk when a high-speed car crash revealed as its sole survivor Sedat Bucak, surrounded by the bodies of fascist killer and fugitive Abdullah Catli, and a high-level cop. It's reported by some intel insiders that Turkish intelligence was following the car and may have even set up the crash by remotely locking the car's ABS brakes. The association of these names plus the evidence in the car blew the government mafia wide open.

More links about the Susurluk gang: http://www.ozgurluk.org/contrind/turkpress.html An article by ex-Dev Genc (Revolutionary Youth) Ertugrul Kurkcu in Covert Action Quarterly: http://mediafilter.org/CAQ/caq61/CAQ61turkey.html

Hakki