Interview with Hardt; My two cents on P.A.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 3 09:17:42 PST 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>>

>> It's not over yet, you know. W & Co. could be fighting a rear-guard
>> battle.
>
>I'm not clear what you mean here. Are you saying that the U.S. may be
>losing its unchallenged global hegemony? That is, are you claiming the
>date is 1890 and we are moving towards a replay of WW 1 between
>imperialist powers?

Not at all. But Bush represents only a portion of the U.S. ruling class (look at his hard line on Cuba - the Council on Foreign Relations, the Fortune 500, and farmers don't approve), and the ruling classes of Western Europe are not pleased with the "axis of evil" line. It's going to be very important, and fascinating, to see how this plays out over the next few years.

Doug